No results were found for your request!
We advocate the idea that certain data should be freely available to everyone to use and republish as they wish without any restrictions.
We build a community to connect and promote the work of data professionals in Ethiopia.
We publish Open Data and discover trends hidden in large datasets and create visualizations.
Welcome to Code4Ethiopia
According to Open Data barometer study(January, 2015), Ethiopia is included among capacity constrained category as a result of limited government, civil society or private sector capacity, limits on affordable widespread Internet access, and weaknesses in digital data collection and management. The study also ranked Ethiopia at 78th place among eight six countries which are covered in the study. It is also reported in the study that the impact of Ethiopian open data is at zero level. After analyzing the barometer study as well as the good fertile policy and infrastructure ground as reported by the World Bank report, academicians from Library and teaching schools at the Addis Ababa University have decided to establish an organization called Code4Ethiopia with the following responsibilities:
- Advocate the idea that certain data like Government data should be freely available to everyone to use and republish as they wish, without restrictions from copyright, patents or other mechanisms of control.
- Build a community to connect and promote the work of data professionals in Ethiopia.
- Publish datasets and discover trends hidden in large datasets and create visualizations.
- Develop applications that make existing data and produce information that is relevant for different stakeholders.
- Provide technology support to civil societies to assist them in producing, processing and using data that will enhance their advocacy activities without depending on commercial consultants or service providers.
- Conducting assessment in readiness, implementation and impacts of open data in Ethiopia.